Start a Petition
Create a professional online petition in just a few minutes. Our service is free, customizable and easy to use.
- Create a petition by filling in the form below
- Collect signatures
- Share the petition on your Facebook wall and in groups related to the topic of your petition. Open the petition page and click the Facebook button to share the petition on Facebook.
- Contact your friends
- Write a message where you explain why you have started the petition, since people are more likely to sign it if they understand how important the topic is.
- Copy and paste the web address of the petition into your message.
- Send the message using email, SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Skype, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Contact the media. This step requires that there are enough signatures on your petition.
- Create an active community around your petition
It's common for people to sign a petition and then forget it. Don't let this happen with your petition. Creating change is not a one-man or one-woman show. Try to get people involved.
- Publish announcements regularly to keep the signatories of your petition up to date on what has happened since you started the petition, and what will happen next. The signatories will be notified by email when you publish a new announcement.
- Create a group on Facebook for the signatories to discuss the petition. Encourage people to participate by asking their opinions and ideas.
- Deliver your petition to the decision makers
Schedule a meeting with a decision maker and invite the media to participate.
Our petitions are mentioned in the media every day, so creating a petition is a great way to get noticed by the public and the decision makers.
Why choose Petitions.nz?
- No technical skills are required.
- You can collect signatures on paper and add them to your online petition.
- You can see all the information (including email addresses) the signatories provide when they sign your petition.
- You can use text, images, videos, links and lists.
- You can keep the signatories up to date and engaged by publishing announcements. You can tell what has happened since you started the petition, and what will happen next. The signatories will be notified by email when you publish a new announcement.
- You can decide what is asked from the people signing your petition.
- You can translate your petition into multiple languages. The signature form has been translated into 42 languages.
- You can print signatures easily (HTML, PDF, Excel).
- You can embed the petition on your website.
- You can create a private petition.
- You can grant rights to other people to manage your petition.
- Add an image or video to your petition.
- Ask somebody to proofread your text for you.
- Remember to promote your petition.