please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-20 22:23

Wots happened terrible but Oz is a wild animal.

2015-09-20 22:23

OZ is a wild animal, what he did was what wild animals do. How can you even think of killing him for being himself. He is was and always will be a wild animal.

2015-09-20 22:24

I believe this is a very sad tragedy and I send all my condolences to her family. Although this event has taken place, I do not agree with putting down a wild animal. We all know it's in their nature and that is the risk captivity has and all the zoo owners and staff know this. This is why you have to decide to either let them live or deal with the risks on keeping them for your own entertainment and profit. Do not kill a tiger that makes you money and blame it for doing what it would of done regardless of captivity or in the jungle - you have to be very careful when dealing with these powerful and smart creatures . Killing this animal will prove nothing and help extinction as we all know there arent much left. Please stop being close minded and acting like as if this tiger is anywhere near a human (being able to make decisions)
Geoff.

2015-09-20 22:25

Utter bullshit. We let criminals live their lives out in comfort for doing intentional and horrific things, this tiger is doing what nature intended him to do. And, lets see how any other conscious being feels like being trapped in a cage, when all of nature was your playground.

Rally/boycott at the zoo if this goes down!!

The keeper made a mistake that cost her life, this is a wild animal, not a pet..If zoos keep putting down wild animals for being wild animals bloody close down

Because maybe its about time we stop imprisoning animals for entertainment.

2015-09-20 22:30

oz is a wild animal, and should have been treated as such at all times. he was doing only what he was meant to do by nature, protect his home, and hunt his food. had the keeper remained out of his reach as im sure she was meant to this sad event would never have happened.

2015-09-20 22:30

Wild animals are just that wild , useing his own natural instincts . You can't put him down because of that

2015-09-20 22:32

Because i love tigers and he was probably just protecting his territory. I don't think it's fair that any animal should be put down for that.

2015-09-20 22:33

It would be tragic as there are very few left in the world.

2015-09-20 22:33

I feel so sad for the lady keeper and her family, but the tiger is a wild animal with killers instincts . It is his nature to kill . He doesn't deserve to be killed just because he acted as a tiger.

2015-09-20 22:35

Why blame a naturaly wild beautiful animal doing what it instinctively knows. So WRONG if it it put down.

2015-09-20 22:37

You can't expect a wild animal to not do that. How about we put down all the people that's intentionally killed animals. The world would be so much better :)

2015-09-20 22:37

The tiger is doing what tigers do, Don't put an animal down for being what it is, we dont put dangerouse people down and they are far more likely to hurt someone

2015-09-20 22:39

oz is a wild animal, only doing what his instincts tell him to do. why do we kill animals for killing, but not humans for doing the same thing.

2015-09-20 22:41

Thats what Tigers do.Its their instinctivness to prey for food. Its very sad what happened but thats the occupational hazard of being a zoo keeper particularly of a very large wild cat.

So very sad that one of the staff at this Zoo were killed - And my very deepest sympathy to her family and friends. I have to say though that no Animals should ever be kept in captivity in Zoo's anywhere. Wild animals need their freedom to live out in nature amongst their own kind - this was the wrong environment for these poor animals - and frustrations and tensions will always be inside them ready to explode if they are not allowed to live the lives they were meant to. I Dont believe you can put the blame on this tiger for what happened - they need their freedom. - This Poor Tiger Should Not Be Put Down For What Has Happened - Lessons Must Be Learnt.

Yes its sad that this happened.. But this is a wild animal who has instincts...this is not a dog but a tiger....I would be a disgrace to humanity to put this animal down for it having normal instincts!

Because some times all the best precautions can be taken ! However accidents happen ! I would be all for the handler having the final say !

2015-09-20 22:42

Somebody kills someone else they get put in jail this tiger is already in jail what do you expect IT IS A TIGER and they are thinking of putting it down how disgusting is that for you guys to think that I feel sorry for that tiger that's just trying to be a f***kn tiger. How about you send that tiger back to were it actually live in the wild so it can run and kill animals like a tigers born to do.

2015-09-20 22:45

while i feel for the family of the keeper that was killed. what was she doing in a cage with a wild animal. now this rare and wonderful cat has his life on the line for a mistake made yet again by a human. so much for the humans being the smarter of the animal kingdom.

2015-09-20 22:45

We don't know the facts behind what happened between the tiger and this women. he is a tiger, you can't trust a wild animal not to eat you, and you know the risks being around them. There are not many tigers left in our disintegrating world we are ruining every day, we need all we can have or they will become extinct. Also he is a breeder, no way should he be put down. And if they make the excuse of "getting a taste of blood" they already have it as zoos feed them raw meat.

2015-09-20 22:46

Think of Samantha right now; she would have loved that animal being it's keeper. I believe that if she was asked while alive she would have wanted Oz to stay alive. I know I would. It's a wild animal kept in captivity for our entertainment. This is a beautiful Tiger, living its life behind bars. We need all the Tigers we can get; so please keep Oz the Tiger alive and in the zoo

2015-09-20 22:46

This is a very sad situation for all involved including oz . we all know the dangers of working with wild animals although they seem tame deep down they are still wild. I'm not saying what oz done was right but he done it for a reason . such a majestic animal and does not deserve to be put down . my thoughts and condolences go out to the keepers family and friends .

2015-09-20 22:47

Its very sad regarding the death of a wonderful person.
However this is a wild animal that she was actively helping to save. These beautiful wild creatures have been kept in zoos to help keep them alive. They are WILD creatures. They are unpredictable and do not deserve to be put down.. If this creature is put down then we are doing something seriously wrong.. Protect not kill.!!!!