No music desert in Basel!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition No music desert in Basel! .

2015-01-21 20:36

The black marks of being unreasonable and culturally ignorant are now upon Basel and Switzerland as a result. You underestimate the power of social media and the support for musicians who as a profession have always crossed borders and enriched cultures wherever they are. If a person can earn a living and pay taxes and are willing to hold down several jobs to do this it indicates their value as active residents. Sounds like some lesser Swiss musicians have been busy rallying in the halls of government rather than practising their craft.

Shame on you the government of Basel. I hope our musicians settle back home so we can all benefit from their beautiful music making, knowledge and input to the economy.

2015-01-21 23:01

Musik is like food for the soul .a city without musik becomes sterile,Musik makes a better world , and musik connects people, musik accepts no border.

2015-01-22 07:29

Musicians are some of the most effective ambassadors for all that's good in the world. Basel and Switzerland will be the poorer if these dedicated students and performers are not allowed to stay for lack of almost full-time employment.

2015-01-22 15:17

I am not a musician, I am eager music lover who can not imagine life without classical music. I learned years ago how important place Basel was for ultimate music education. I am appalled that in such well off country like Switzerland, state administration shows no sensitivity and applies sort of "cleaning" of non EU musicians treating them like immigrants who surpass the immigration quota. My signature, I am afraid, will not make a difference, but I could not but sign the petition. But maybe a multitude of signatures together might help.

2015-01-22 15:49

Artists are not public servants, they don't have 9 to 5 jobs. Their work should be considered accordingly. You can't legislate blindly... they deserve your respect for the so very important role in your/our society.

2015-01-22 21:38

I have always envied the musicians I knew who were able to study in Switzerland because the programs there seemed to thrive on bringing great musicians from around the world to contribute to a musical community.  I sincerely hope that Switzerland sees the fatal flaw in changing its policies! 

2015-01-22 23:33

Culture, arts, music are are very important for the economy of a society. See Germany: Germany has invested in arts, it gives a society perspective and community.
Y.K

2015-01-23 01:25

バーゼルSCBで大いにお世話になりました。有難う。 若い方々頑張って下さい。

2015-01-23 07:15

The exact rule should be written in the petition document, not just a paraphrase of it. If the petitioners slightly misrepresented the rule or its effect, the authorities can easily dismiss the petition as being misconceived. You should get a lawyer to draft the petition.

#85 Re:

2015-01-23 21:00

#84: -  

the petition was drafted by the politicians themselves.  See the bottom of the petition.

2015-01-23 22:13

Basel is a world center for the study of ancient music; without the attendance of musicians from overseas, it will lose its significance.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-01-23 22:29

2015-01-24 03:43

Es necesario que todos los gobiernos colaboren en proteger la actividad profesional de los músicos ¡de cualquier lugar del mundo! ¡Compartir es enriquecerse!

2015-01-24 13:45

Isn't freedom the main and most important any more?

2015-01-24 14:58

Music is important

2015-01-24 15:58

This law just must be reconsidered and those talented people must be given another, more reasonable option. I guess musicians are just names and figures for bureaucracy clerks, same as any other "immigrants" who might have entered Switzerland for any other reason. But these people came there to get a good music education, to make their school proud of their achievments and be useful to the society they live in, not to live as parasites. This is just not right. 

2015-01-24 17:21

ME PARECE INCONCEBIBLE!!!!

2015-01-24 17:43

In a time when cultural cooperation, exchange, and understanding is needed more than ever, it would be a shame to close one of the doors to a cultural art space that by it's very nature welcomes and fosters these qualities.

2015-01-24 18:27

music, the only language of the world to connect the people and get piece all over the world
nosewhite

2015-01-24 18:29

music

the only language of all the people of the world

the only way to connect them and get peace all over the world

2015-01-24 21:46

Basel Switzerland has long been an (early) musician's dream place--DO NOT end this!

2015-01-24 22:31

The nature of a professional musician's 'jobs' can be very difficult to fit the same mold as most professions. It would be a shame to let this fact take the music and nurturing from their students as a result.

2015-01-24 22:35

Lástima siendo Basilea la capital Musikalakademie y cultural de Suiza, que les quiten ese privilegios a los que vivimos en ella, y a la vez, que estas personas que están colaborando para esta integración, pedimos que se reconsidere.