Say NO to Council plans for Rubbish and Recycling

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say NO to Council plans for Rubbish and Recycling.

2016-05-18 04:05

Because I am happy with the service I have and I do not think it will be any better if the Council makes a monopoly of it. I also believe we will end up paying more.

2016-05-18 04:48

Speaking on behalf of my mum we love our bins and we love the service 

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-05-18 04:49

2016-05-18 04:52

Council running the rubbish collection would remove any competition and the prices would most likely go up

2016-05-18 06:05

Because the council operated collection system was extremely bad - rubbish strewn over the footpath etc - suddenly life was better when we engaged a private contractor which we have had for many years with no problems what so ever

2016-05-18 07:43

I have a compost bin and worm farm and a recycle bin which i pay for and put rubish bag out only once a fortnight or three weekly. I don't want to pay for someone elses rubish collection.
Col

2016-05-18 19:54

I have signed this petition as I care about our most vulnerable, the elderly, families and those who live with health issues, who are unable to put bins out at the kerb. There are also those who rent, so the increase in rates will get passed onto the tenant at a starting rate of $10.00 per week minimum. I believe we should deal with the issues rather than spending our community funds on recreating the wheel. Talk about trying to reduce family violence....This perposal "Is Not Ok"

2016-05-18 20:37

Because I m very happy with the service I am already receiving and I feel that this one area local council should keep in private hands.

2016-05-19 07:06

I lived in Tauranga for 28 years and used a wheelie bin service. I still use one in Rotorua. Why not let people who want to keep the wheelie bins keep them, and if you want to encourage recycling, give out recycling bins to those that request them?
User Pays

2016-05-19 23:46

I do not wish my rates to increase so that I can have 4 bins at my place as I wouldn't use all the services. We are into recylcing and composting so don't have a great deal of rubbish, we should not be lumped in the same catagory as someone who would use all the services. It would be unfair for Council to make this decision on behalf of everyone, after all aren't council supposed to look after the costs incurred for each rate payer? We would still have to pay for seperate services to remove other items that the council services wont cater for, such as flax, bamboo, pampas grass, palm branches and cabbage trees. If people are paying more rates for all their waste removal then they will put that plus other nasties in the bins too creating an even worse problem for our environment. User pays is much fairer system. 

2016-05-20 00:16

I am very happy with the service i recieve from my rubbish company and dont need the council screwing that up..!!!

2016-05-21 04:22

We can't have the elderly taking the bins to the kerb side. They need the help of klena bins to go round to thier house and actually collect the bible s for them. Think of the elderly. Not the profits.

2016-05-21 22:40

we want choice and being a retired couple our waste is minimal and 4 bins would be crazy... Where we would we put them on a small section for one thing...let alone remembering to put them out.. plus we can't afford the extra Rates increase on a fixed income...

2016-05-21 22:41

As I live alone I do not need wheelie bins. I use Council bags which are purchased from New World and do not want to be forced to pay for bins I won't use.

2016-05-21 23:49

As a rate payer I would prefer to choose how I dispose of my rubbish instead of having bins and an increase in my rates bill foisted on me. My property produces minimal waste and I can foresee the increase to my rates bill will cost far more than I currently spend on waste disposal.

2016-05-22 00:46

Council funded and controlled rubbish collection is NOT the way to go.
One size DOES NOT FIT ALL! and does not bode well for the environment or our purses!

2016-05-22 02:21

We want the rubbish collection to continue as user pays

2016-05-22 02:26

we believe in user pays and do not want or need another rates increase to subsidise other people's rubbish.A recycling centre will reduce the amount of rubbish to the dump by 84% where people can have the chance to buy stuff other people have dumped and will provide extra jobs too

2016-05-22 05:15

I think it is only fair that households pay according to their useage. A 2 person household that recycles and composts should never pay the same as a large household that makes no effort. You cannot develop a mindset of conservation in a community without providing an incentive or reward.
Seriously vote no

#20 Rubbish

2016-05-22 05:54

No way this should happen.  Imagine lugging 4 bins to the kerb.  Rentals would get bins but landlords would have to put up their rent to cover it.  No more bags for sale.  Would put smaller contractors out of business with many job losses.   What pointy head at the council thought this up.

2016-05-22 06:59

I am pleased with the current system. We compost and recycle, so only put out a pink bag once per month, containing the black meat bases from supermarkets, light bulbs and other non-recyclables.

2016-05-22 07:08

Because I believe individuals should have the right to choose the way they dispose of their waste i.e cater to their requirements rather than having to use a system that doesn't suit.

2016-05-22 07:13

As a rate payer I think we would be worse off than what we are now having user pays. People need to be personally responsible for their own rubbish disposal and associated costs.

2016-05-22 09:25

Because I believe the current system is the fairest for all.

2016-05-22 10:03

I am an OLD AGE PENSIONER an have very little waste to dispose of and do not wish having to pay for other people who have a lot of it to get rid of thank you!