Jamie Whitmarsh Residency application Support

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Jamie Whitmarsh Residency application Support.

2016-07-20 06:53

Jamie does such a wonderful job for football and is an asset to New Zealand.

2016-07-20 06:55

Jamie is an amazing coach and organizer .With out him.I don't think our kids would want to try harder and be better

2016-07-20 06:57

Jamie introduced football to my daughter through a girls football programme and she loves it. She also reckons he's a brilliant coach and when I saw Jamie with them at a tournament I thought so too 

2016-07-20 07:01

As a member of a local football club I have seen first hand the huge contribution that Jamie has made to football  not only in Central Otago but the whole of the lower South Island

2016-07-20 07:11

Simple, Jamie Whitmarsh is a fantastic ambassador for sport in the local community, he oozes confidence, charisma and has been the best coach I've ever worked under. His contribution to his job and what he has given is unquestionable, how this is even up for debate is beyond me. If he is unable to secure this residency then it truly will affect several youngsters and will be a loss for New Zealand as a whole. Make the right decision.

2016-07-20 07:15

Jamie does so much for the club and definitely deserves
to stay in Central and help and grow the football here.

2016-07-20 07:24

Jamie Whitmarsh has had an extremely positive impact on the football/sporting community in Central Otago. He has been instrumental in growing participation numbers in football in the region and the increase in junior player being recognised in Federation and National Talent Centres for football. Jamie also provides a great amount of time to help young and inexperienced coaches to become more proficient in coaching techniques. This has helped junior, youth and senior players in the region achieve above and beyond expectations.

2016-07-20 07:33

Jamie is an incredibly hard worker who will be a huge asset to NZ with his unique skills.

2016-07-20 07:42

Because Jamie Whitmarsh has contributed more to our community in the past few years than anyone I know!

2016-07-20 07:49

Jamie is an amazing coach who the kids really respond to. The skills he has bought to the QAFC club and the FTC programme are invaluable to our kids who are trying to move up the ranks within NZ Football. If Jamie was unable to live in Queenstown and Central Otago it would be a huge loss to the district.

2016-07-20 07:53

Had the pleasure of working with Jamie in London, was gutted to see him leave but seeing all the great work he has done abroad was enough to see he had made the right decision. Nz would be lucky to have him.

2016-07-20 07:57

I know first hand how difficult it is for the smaller regions to find quality personal. Jaime would be a huge loss to Central Otago Football if he was sent packing. Just saying.

2016-07-20 08:15

Our boy, who has been coached by Jamie for the last couple of years, came in tonight from kicking his football round in the dark, when he heard Jamie might not be able to stay in NZ he hung his head in his hands in sorrow and burst into tears. Says it all.

2016-07-20 08:22

Jamie brings a fantastic set of skills to the region and in fact the whole Foot Ball South area which is from South Canterbury to Invercargill. He has a UAFA B coaching licence which fills a big void in skill levels, for instance the Coaching the Coaches programs he runs. In provinces where as kid many of us had the option of playing rugby or watching rugby he is relied on heavily for inspiration, advice, support and coaching.
He commands an extremely high level of respect from all grades he coaches and interacts with.
The is over 300 registered players in the Queenstown Football Club plus other teams like our local Rovers teams.
As an apprentice New Zealander we could not support a more worthy applicant having already influenced many young players some ascending to the top level of the Sport already.
The Sport needs him, the Coaches need him, the Parents need him and most importantly the Kids need him.
Lets get this Residency Application Approved.
Johnny Stevenson

2016-07-20 08:56

Jamie is the name everybody in Queenstown knows when it comes to soccer. He is great and we all love him.
JJM

#66 Support for a great community asset!

2016-07-20 08:56

This year has been the first year my son has played a team sport. He is 6 years old. Jamie has such a unique way of engaging with these young players. I have been so impressed by his energy and passion for coaching and his ability to connect and relate to these little people. I think these qualities are rare. From what I understand the QUEENSTOWN Football club is going from strength to strength - and I can see that Jamie's drive and passion for this sport is the driver to this success. Immigration please take heed of this petition. The last time I saw such motivation was to save a bunch of trees along Ladies Mile in QUEENSTOWN. Jamie clearly has planted his roots in New Zealand and we want him to stay. 

2016-07-20 09:03

I fully support Jamie in his petition for Residency.
He is an absolute valued member of this community & the passion and level of committment he has put into soccer for children / adults of all ages here in Queenstown is unsurpassable & would truly be hard to replace.

2016-07-20 09:05

With Jamie here in Queenstown football has become a massive part of the community.

As a football mad kid who dreams of playing when he's older I'm outraged at the fact that Jamie could be leaving.

My coach Jamie fuels dreams and has faith in every single kid.

If he left so too would many other others... come on guys it's common sense. 

2016-07-20 09:05

because Jamie is a great guy and he contributes to NZ in all that he does for my children with football .

2016-07-20 09:17

We should be openly recruiting people like Jamie, not making their presence amongst us more difficult!

2016-07-20 09:18

Wow, Jamie does so much for football in this region - we are extremely lucky to haver someone with his knowledge. The support and knowledge he provides is really appreciated by kids and parents of the club. I also know that he does ALOT with the primary schools and his contribution is valued there as well.

2016-07-20 09:50

Jamie is a football legend in Queenstown

2016-07-20 09:52

Jamie is an excellent coach and has been instrumental in the development of the club and junior players.

2016-07-20 09:58

Jamie is an excellent coach and has a unique skill set which would be very difficult if not impossible to recruit into Queenstown. He has contributed do much to the club and Queenstown I would be proud to have him as a resident.

Paul Wilson

#75 Keep Jamie Whitmarsh

2016-07-20 10:59

There are numerous fantastic sentiments above, and I agree with them all.  Jamie is a huge asset to the community and we need to keep him!!