FreeMirandaMurphy

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition FreeMirandaMurphy.

#26 yeah

2013-12-02 21:17

Her profile picture on Facebook is not helping her cause either..
Choose a nickname

#27 Subject

2013-12-02 21:19

Just wanted to say that I was the one who posted some of the mean, wise ass, and counterproductive comments here. I am sorry. I have removed the comments that I can. If you guys think that she shouldn't have gotten in as much trouble as she did, that's fine. It's your opinion. Good luck with your petition.

2013-12-02 22:35

Sorry you have to go through this Miranda !! Stay strong !

#29 Re:

2013-12-02 23:07

#13: -

You're incredibly right and people should probably stop complaining. A petition isn't going to do anything.

2013-12-02 23:49

Condemnation without consideration! Haha good luck, that's bullshit
skinnyniggabutmydicklong

2013-12-03 02:07

haters gon hate

slaters gon slate

2013-12-03 16:33

She got charged because she didn't leave when the riot cops said leave. They shot out pepperballs and gave plenty of warnings to disperse, I was there too. Staying longer holding up peace signs at the front line of a riot is clearly something that would provoke further action by other people in the crowd, which is exactly what police didn't want. Sure the girls a great girl and what not, but sometimes you just get screwed for being dumb. Not listening to the riot police telling you to leave is pretty dumb.

2013-12-03 16:40

Yes, if it was me I'd want to get a free pass. Yes, it sucks that the more troublesome people weren't chosen for punishment. However, if it weren't for people like her adding to the crowd then the more troublesome members of the riot would not have had a crowd to protect them and would have been caught. Just because you aren't causing the most damage in the riot doesn't mean you aren't part of the riot and being part of the riot can have consequences.

mah

2013-12-03 19:51

isn't college meant not just for learning but for making mistakes..? lighten up guys

2013-12-03 20:21

Hey can we all agree on fuck the police? isnt that what brought us here, put your differences aside and do this for Miranda and not letting the po 9 win
FreeMiranda.

#36 Re:

2013-12-03 22:21

#32: -

i know alot about Miranda and i know onenthing that she is not dumb...why would she be at college if she was dumb? imagine if this was you. getting pulled away from your bestfriends? so leave and stop hating.

J. Lowe

2013-12-04 05:55

I love you Miranda. I'm proud of you for sticking up for what you believe in. You just needed to run a little faster ; ) Believe me, years from now you'll look back and laugh.
DanielleFuFu

2013-12-04 07:33

This is absolutely ridiculous. She did nothing to deserve this punishment. It was all clearly to fit in with her surrounding peers.... In this day and age she would have been ridiculed for no joining in on the "riot". She was merely trying to fit in, especially because she is a freshman. This punishment is true madness and does not suit the "crime" in anyway whatsoever.
I dont feel bad

2013-12-04 07:57

Yeah, it sucks you got suspended but you knew that could happen when you attended a riot. The police and administration clearly stated that you were in violation of the law and needed to disperse all night. You chose not to and suffered the consequences. Yes, there are people who deserved it more but that doesnt get you off the hook. It wasnt like you were arrested in your dorm room. This is immaturity at its finest. You obviously wanted to attend the riot and rebel, going so far as to set a picture of you at it as your profile picture, but take zero responsibility for it when you get arrested.

2013-12-04 23:08

lol

2013-12-05 04:54

Will try to tell lots of people to sign this! Good luck x