NMMU PETITION: Unlawful Protests violating our Right to Education

/ #68

2016-09-27 09:26

My daughter is currently studying at NMMU and the last time that she could attend classes was on 12 September 2016, due to the ongoing striking of students that are just to use to getting every thing for free in this country.

Soon exams will start and without proper lecturing that could take place, I can just imagine that the results will not be as good, without any lecturing. I am one of the parents that do not complain if I have to pay for my child's education, but if I only get half the service from the lecturing process, then I will only pay half of the lecturing process.

I believe the management of the NMMU should really step up the authority so that the students that want to attend classes can start doing so. If NMMU needs to arrange an alternative venue so that lecturing can go on, then this should be done as soon as possible. The NMMU management cannot just sit back and let the "tail wag the dog" anymore and close the university indefinitely. I would like to get feedback on how do NMMU plan to catch up with missed lectures before the exam takes place.