COS Department exam entrance allowance

Quoted post

Concerned CS Student

2016-11-11 07:52

The COSI department has gone out of their way to accommodate students by making additional (Arguably easy) assignments and practicals available as well as giving us the opportunity to write our second semester tests (Thus an opportunity to make up for a failed first semester test). On top of that, other departments (Like Built Environment) cover work that is not extensively covered in online resources; That is not the case with COS modules.

If you've truly applied yourself throughout the semester, you should have at least 40%. If not, I feel the extra time spent on the content will help you gain proper understanding of it.

Good luck for the exams, everyone!

Replies

Another concerned cs student

#4 Re:

2016-11-11 08:04:52

#2: Concerned CS Student -  

While I do agree that they tried hard to save the semester, some of their solutions weren't ideal. For instance in some modules where they suggested that if you don't have a laptop to work on, find a friend that has one and work on their machine. Now we all know this is not a good solution as that will limit any individuals work time and no physical contact time was made for students and tutors, just online communication, which can be very limiting when it comes to such practical modules. I believe other faculties understood the difficulties that students went through that's why they made provision for this and mind you that some of these faculties use less campus resources compared to us.

#9 Re:

2016-11-11 10:57:18

EqualOpportunities

#10 Re:

2016-11-11 11:20:07

#12 Re:

2016-11-11 11:54:41

A

#35 Re:

2016-11-11 14:42:14

#2: Concerned CS Student -  

Going out of their way? lol

They don't even give us indications as to what type of examples we should go through when it comes to application of theory. We're not paying one of the highest fees to guess what kind of examples will be asked. 

COS222 for example... They say we should focus on pplication rather than memorizing facts, yet we never have tutorials to apply anything and see what we really don't understand.