Education before SSA discrimination

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Education before SSA discrimination.

2015-09-24 02:15

I couldn't get in to my magnet school cause of my iss from ssa
Chameleon Martin

#2 Asa is bad

2015-09-24 02:16

I couldn't get in to my magnet school cause of my iss from ssa

2015-09-24 02:45

People want to tell us what to wear and we need to stand up, as students, to the authority and tell them what they need to know. We need to stand up and let our voices free onto the authority.
Ur fellow student

#4 Re:

2015-09-24 10:35

#3: -  

not only that but they take away from the time we are supposed to be In class to put us in ISS the faculty has lost the meaning of a true administrator or true dean of students they act like police officers that have to make a certain number of arrests every month …this is Antioch high not the juvenile corrections facility ✋

Highschoolstudent

#5 Re: Re:

2015-09-24 11:05

#4: Ur fellow student - Re:  

Hell yeah u are so right man we don't need this anymore.

ur fellow student

#6 Re: Re: Re:

2015-09-24 12:31

#5: Highschoolstudent - Re: Re:  

Get as many people to sign the petition as u can we need students and parents anyone who can increase the chances of Antioch having no ssa

2015-09-24 13:55

It was important.

2015-09-24 14:14

I feel like SSA is a waste of time, it only stresses students. It takes away from their time in class to learn, as well as they're creativity to express themselves. Some children feel like they can not be themselves while in SSA, and they feel restricted.

2015-09-24 14:14

They make our collared shirts and khaki slacks more of a priority than getting good grades. Which doesn't really make sense since this is a SCHOOL. At least make some changes and be less strict. All we ask is for a fair democratic view on the issue. Involving ALL parties. Since when did Antioch make Dr. Koger a dictator?

2015-09-24 14:17

Many other schools get by perfectly well..even better sometimes without ssa. So by saying it's vital or important to our academic scores is bull. Its just a way for Koger to make us her dogs. 

Squillz105

#11 Follow The Rules

2015-09-24 14:21

1. It was put in place to prevent bullying. That way people wont be bullied for what they wore. And 2. It was put in place to prevent Gangs. Gangs could wear whatever they wanted to show their gang and it often caused fights. Gang activity and Bullying because of clothing has gone down a significant amount cause of ssa. Just follow these simple rules and you wont get in trouble.

Ghost

#12 Re:

2015-09-24 14:26

#8: -  

I agree with that because of this SSA it drops my creativity. It doesn't help. And cause it looks ugly the same colors you see every day. I like different colors

Ghost

#13 Re:

2015-09-24 14:30

#1: -  

Some times I feel like some prisoner wearing these certain clothes

2015-09-24 14:45

Education is more important. Students shouldn't have to wear uniforms. Also if students get to wear what they want it should be appropriate clothing. Like no sagging pants or short skirts or shorts. They need to be respectful in what they wear then be corrected when needed.

#15 Re:

2015-09-24 14:47

#9: -  

I'm glad u guys have the right idea and understand that this isn't just cuz we don't like ssa but because NOW it's getting in the way of our education 

#16 Re: Follow The Rules

2015-09-24 14:51

#11: Squillz105 - Follow The Rules 

It's no longer about rules students are afraid to walk past an administrator even when they ARE in ssa this school has cracked down too hard on us some of us feel depressed because of the strictness and inability to feel comfortable in what is supposed to be a safe environment for parents to send their children it also gets in the way of our learning imagine missing the entire day a few tests maybe a quiz all because ur jacket is grey REALLY ur going to punish me by TAKING ME OUT OF MY CLASSES simply for the color of my jacket I think we've been introduced to a new time of racism forget the color of our skin it's has now become about the color of our clothes when will they stop?

#17 Re:

2015-09-24 14:53

#14: -  

yes absolutely we should be allowed to wear what we want as long as it is appropriate to our body's the color of my shirt should never impact my right to an education 

2015-09-24 15:23

Because I think we shouldn't be wearing ssa in school

2015-09-24 15:26

Because its getting pointless to have SSA in high school. We know how to dress.

2015-09-24 16:31

Anyone know some good fallout mods?

2015-09-24 17:11

Antioch is a public school. I could understand us needing SSA if we were a magnet or private school, but we aren't. There are more people missing class because of their clothing than anything else. Do you understand how expensive SSA is? Especially ones that fit right and are considered acceptable in the eyes of the Antioch staff? Not everyone has that kind of money. Jackets are even worse! Who has the money to go spend just to buy a JACKET that fits regulations? What's the point antioch! We aren't the same school that we used to be. Times and students have changed now. Give it a chance. That's all we're asking. But turning it down completely is rude and inconsiderate. #NoMoreSSA

2015-09-24 17:13

No more ssa

2015-09-24 17:44

A lot of times I've noticed that the pressure to always be in school attire has become greatly high. Sure, they're trying to keep it to "prevent bullying" or whatever, but really they're the ones becoming bullies if we don't have on the correct thing. And it doesn't help us save money at all, and really is more of a pressure against us. A dress code would be needed, obviously, to keep everything appropriate and such, but ssa really is uncalled for.
Wrongfully accused

2015-09-24 18:40

I walked in school with a pencil skirt on and it was the right length but because I was walking it came up and an administrator pulled me aside and told me to come with her because it was too short i said no it's not and she wouldn't even let me measure my hands by my sides to prove it wasn't too short she sent me straight to iss I called my dad and he came up and had a conversation with her and said it was uncalled for to have to come up to the school and take off work because she can't do her job and ask me to put my hands by my sides in the end I got to wear the skirt because it was in fact the right length not to mention I had on stockings I missed my entire first period class because of that administrators ignorance 

2015-09-24 18:46

We are the only school in the DISTRICT that still has SSA. Of course ! Every school has restrictions like no sagging, no spagetti strap shirts , etc etc . Thats fine . But the administration here are taking it way too far. Yes , I get theyre trying to prevent bullying and gang related activity. But, just sit back ad think for a second . Gangs are going to make new significants to show off their gang. They could use socks, classes, tape, jewlery,signs. And bullying will never stop either . Everyone is segragated either way. Some people ant afford good SSA just as they car afford fancy regular clothes .