Smith Rd Park for all

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Smith Rd Park for all.

2016-05-24 07:59

A group of responsible dog owners have been meeting at the park for 6 years between 5 and 6 30 pm every day. We have families that also come with their dogs and children at this time. Our dogs are children friendly and we have children that come especially to play with the dogs The new signs and previous signs actually contradict each other. No consideration was given to dog owner rights. Waterford Road has a much bigger Park with newly erected playground equipment more suitable for children.

2016-05-24 13:00

Dogs and children have been co-existing happily at this park for years. For parents who especially want a dog-free space there is a bigger, better park just around the corner in Waterford Road.
Steve

2016-05-24 14:34

I agree dogs and people have being co-existing happily, however, one Sunday i went to the park, there were 2 ladies who had a small dog who was walking around being inquisitive, then another lady came with a German Shepherd on a leash, and the dog looked vicious. Needless to say the lady with the small dog had to keep it confined. So i do not agree with people bringing aggressive dogs who will fight with other dogs. 

2016-05-24 18:10

We need off lead areas for our dogs to run around freely and safely.

2016-05-24 19:36

We are frequent visitors of the park, the owners recognize the dogs first before the humans. It's always been safe for kids and the dogs are controlled. Let's work together on this.

2016-05-25 08:31

as a responsible dog owner, there are less and less places we can take our pets to walk/run freely.

2016-05-27 10:53

As a frequent guest over the last 6-odd years at one of the dog owner's houses on Smith Road, I have been to the park where I have seen the dogs play and behave incredibly well. The owners are always there and attentive and one of the only parks where I have seen active encouragement of cleaning up after dogs. Signage without discussion/consultations is quite draconian (and to be honest cowardly).

2016-05-27 18:58

Trust that the desired effect comes to pass. Thank you that we do have a park to respect.