CCTV Te Awanga Haumoana

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition CCTV Te Awanga Haumoana.

2016-06-27 09:59

We have a house at Mahia. Mahia was being overrun by burglaries. The community clubbed together about two years ago and bought first one then a couple of cameras which, along with a zealous local cop sending regular community newsletters and taking local crime as a personal challenge, have proved a major deterrent. The cameras were positioned at exits/entrances to catch anyone leaving the area with stolen goods. We are all under threat from burglary. I suggest cameras should go hand-in hand with a strong neighbourhood watch initiative and dedicated police support- if it can be garnered. I can forward you the contact details of the Mahia cop if you would like his advice/thoughts.

#2 Re: Mahia contact

2016-06-27 10:17

#1: -  

yes please that would be great.

people are missing the point.  to stay un gated and free we need cameras otherwise we will be forced to increase our fences and security which will make the place look like a mob head quarters.

2016-06-27 10:29

Because I have been home invaded, and i think hving a camera could help catch the little shits!!

2016-06-28 02:35

To catch these bastards

2016-06-28 07:35

Cause we need cctv out here cause of lowlife thieves and lack of police presence

2016-09-02 03:23

Because I believe it may be a detergent to crime. And when something does happen there is more chance of catching footage to identify the perpetrator/s....