School Crossing Outside Blakehill School

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition School Crossing Outside Blakehill School.

2014-06-06 21:58

My son was knocked down and seriously hurt here 11 years ago. At the time the police ambulance and fire brigade all said that there was a need for a crossing. But in there infinite wisdom the powers that be put the crossing 200 m away outside a retirement village. It's imperative that this crossing site is reassessed. We really shouldn't have to wait another 11 years.

2014-06-10 16:38

Fortunately there was a crossing man there for my children you only need to look at the wall to realise how fast and dangerous the road is. We need to teach our year 6 students some independence before they go to upper school. Cannot do this if no road safety
Jules

#28 Re: This Post

2015-04-12 09:15

#26: -  

Hi, first of all I am sorry to learn your Son was  injured here sometime ago.   I found this post whilst researching road accidents/safety near Blakehill school.   There is an outline planning proposal to build houses on the field just before the school.  The field has Horses in it.  I am making an objection on many grounds but one is of road safety of children in and around the School.  This will be worse if this field is developed for a housing estate and also, if and when the Fire Station and the site next to The Highfield Pub are developed for Housing (all earmarked for Housing Developments).  Doctor Hill and Highfield Road are so dangerous as it is at peak school opening/closing times. 

I wondered if you would consider supporting an objection for this housing development given your own personal experience of the horrendous parking/traffic/pedestrian conflicts already present.

The link to the council webiste is as follows:-

15/01066/OUT planning number and called land to rear of 184 Highfield Road

www.planning4bradford.com/online

Thank you