Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus

MANGERE BORN AND RAISED

/ #41 NO MORE LIQUOR STORES IN MANGERE

2014-06-16 23:27

I was born and raised in Mangere having did all my schooling there. My children also did their schooling there. I remember Mangere how it use to be and the times when as a kid I felt safe in the neighborhood at night and not a care in the world. The introduction of liquor outlets placed in local dairies helped change the landscape of our communities by providing easy access to alcohol and allowing this to be norm in our day and age. The statistics quite easily show the problems alcohol consumption causes.... especially to our families. Hospital and medical services are stretched in resources dealing with alcohol related issues. When you see the daily sight of mum or dad buying beer with their milk and nappies.... something is wrong in that picture. The people that made the decision to approve this license do not know anything about this community. Yet they were provided the latest evidence and statistics from the most recent data. The Police did not oppose the application and the community have to live with the decision of a few who are completely out of touch. This is not going to be the last time a liquor license will be approved. If you want to make changes to this problem.... Please sign this petition and help lobby the decision makers.