Fenced Dog Agility Park Tauranga

Quoted post

2015-03-16 09:16

For dogs and their owners to have a safe place to run and exercise free - in a town where a lot of places are 'off limits'. I'm not a dog owner but I wholeheartedly support this.

Replies

walkydog

#33 Re:

2015-03-20 05:28:46

I'm all for a great place to walk my dogs, but do you realise that you are allowed your dogs off lead in almost all the reserves in Tauranga?  Dogs must be under control, ie. can be recalled and control to avoid causing a nuisance, but they are allowed off lead.  You must carry a leash.  See this page for the full details:

http://www.tauranga.govt.nz/services/dogs/exercise-areas.aspx

There are only a handful of areas we are not allowed to take our dogs, and even less where they must be on a lead.  The little sticker with a dog on a lead seen at reserves, simply means dogs are alowed, there are further details noted if they need to be on a leash.  We are incredibly lucky with this policy - and I applaud TCC for allowing it.

If you look at the areas in NZ that have dog parks i.e Auckland and Christchurch, you will find their policies regardng dogs on reserves are very restrictive, CCC has over a full A4 page list of all the reserves that you are not allowed your dog - and it states the list is not complete and it includes the swimming beaches, and Auckland dogs are only allowed offlead in a few selected reserves or in the nominated dog parks.

Watch out what you ask for, I don't want a dog park if this means I will suddenly not be able to walk my dog off lead in the local reserves....

If you want a fenced off area to do training, try the Mount Dog Club grounds on Links Ave at Bayfair, fully fenced with closing gates - boring space but it has fences.