Help Us Stop Torture
“Governments around the world are two-faced on torture – prohibiting it in law, but facilitating it in practice” - Salil Shetty, Amnesty International’s Secretary General
Our aim is to stop both civilians and government throughout the world torturing people; whether they are innocent or not. It is a basic human right to not be subjected to torture. This petition is one of the various campaigns we are starting to try and stop torture.
If you would like to contact us about anything you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The meaning of torture:
1. the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or in order to force them to do or say something.
2. inflict severe pain on.
It is okay to torture with good reason.
It is never okay to torture someone.
- A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds.
- More than four children die every day as a result of child abuse.
- Approximately 70% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4.
- Up to 35% of refugees are torture victims
- 120 countries tortures their citizens in 2012
- Most Americans say torture is justifiable at times
Thanks for taking your time to veiw this petition, we hope we have persuaded you to sign this petition and think more about the unjust torturing of both the innocent and the guilty.
Maddi, Oli, Siobhan, Emma, Jordan and Samantha.
|Log in to manage your petition.|