Talley's Boycott Petition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Talley's Boycott Petition .

2015-09-06 08:31

Because I am a affco talleys worker and I know what goes on in our plants how we are treated unfairly and how ruthless this company is
CRNZ admin

#2 Re:

2015-09-06 09:23

#1: -  

It starts at the top, and as we know, bad behaviour filters down the management chain of command. Thanks for sharing your story from within Talley's owned Affco, so others can hear your story. In unity :)

2015-09-06 09:42

Talleys shouldn't get away with how they treat their workers...and the Government seem to help them to treat their workers so badly. Look at their ACC record and all the money it has cost.

2015-09-07 04:25

I think Talley group are money hungry, and if they want good and experienced workers they should be prepared to pay an appropriate wage to get them

2015-09-07 07:34

I just want to show my support for the good honest workers who deserve a fair go from their boss. They have a right to belong to a union and to have their union representative bargain collectively for them. I'm shocked at the way the management are using bully boy tactics to force unfair individual agreements on to them and also the draconian measures such as offering night shifts to workers who are the carer for their children at night. According to the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights Article 23 states that :"(4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests." It would seem to me that Talleys is unaware of their duty to respect this.
CR Admin

#6 Re:

2015-09-07 08:00

#5: -  Well said #5 Talley's are a, disgraceful outfit. Thanks for a well thought comment!

2015-09-07 08:23

To help all our people who are affected by Talley's be able to have there rights respected and there questions answered kiaora

2015-09-07 10:43

I signed because i believe the terms and conditions expected by the corporate owners violates the basic rights of their employees. Firstly by not allowing a Health and Safety Officer (thats also a Human Rights issue) and by not encouraging a Union Representative for their workers.

2015-09-07 18:25

Wanting a fair clean cut collective contract to safe guard all those workers and employers involved!!

2015-09-07 21:47

whanau work at the works and have done for many years. Kahungunu should buy the works or build another. Contract all the maori farms around sell the product independently. The pakeha farmer will support if it makes economic sense. Stuff these age old owners. .

2015-09-07 23:45

My family work in Rangiuru plant... Its unfair that they must choose to surrender to Talley's loophole strategy or get #lockedout ... Loss of income isn't fair for corporate failings

2015-09-08 01:59

Talley's needs to look after the people who work for them by giving them decent wages and conditions. Without these workers they have nothing and it is time they realized that.

2015-09-08 09:59

Please list all brands/items made by Talleys...we will no longer support a company that treats their employees in the manner they do.....UnionHardWairoa4eva
CR Admin

#14 Re:

2015-09-08 10:31

#13: -  We have someone gathering the list, it gets complex with the 'Private Brands' they supply. We are trying to source that imformation from within the packing and distribution chain. A publicly promoted boycott is simbolic. With Peter Talley having such a large ego, the pain of being scoffed at by citizen's out on the street becomes hard to take :)

2015-09-12 01:24

As a union member myself I believe the way Talleys is treating their workers is wrong and disrespectful. They have completely ignored out right to be safe, right to voice our opinions and our right to be a union member.

2015-09-13 23:37

I don't agree with the way the Talleys family conduct their business with no good faith for bargaining and a determined effort to wipe the unions out of their plants so they can mistreat workers even more. All workers want is a fair deal and to be able to look after their families without the threat of their bosses blackmailing them to accept below par conditions and pay. The dark ages are gone! IT IS NOT OK TO TREAT NZer's LIKE THIS! BOYCOTT TALLEYS PRODUCTS!

2015-09-13 23:49

I signed this petition because I believe in a fair and just society, and because I believe the conditions we work under eventually influences the type of society we will inherit.

2015-09-14 04:03

My Father along with his fellow workmates worked for AFFCO Horotiu and bought us kids up and moko.So sad knowing that family and friends are being pushed out and treated like nobody
Rob

2015-09-14 05:30

They've been bastard employers for years. And still at it. Don't increase Mr Talleys private $millions at his workers expense! Boycott still in place until Oct 1st. And sign the petition!

Nice lady who never swears

2015-09-14 08:34

They are a pack of tunts to their workers. And the biggest tunt is that 'Sir' Peter Talley. His sons the next biggest tunt. They big A holes

2015-09-14 18:51

My husband has worked for Affco for 35 years has given over half his life time to the industry I want the workplace corporate abuse to Stop .

2015-09-15 02:13

Is it possible for someone to list all the Talleys Companies and Products because how can we boycott them if we don't know all their products. They have so many fingers in so many pies. I believe Pam's which is an extremely popular brand is a Talley's Brand. I know they do fish meat and dairy and vegetables. I think they only do frozen vegetables. What brand is their meat? Do you know. I think all their fish is only so you don't have to worry about buying it in a fish shop.

Regards
Pauline Anderson.

As well as treating workers poorly they are apparently not environmentally friendly in their fishing practices according to Dr. Mike Joy who is an environmentalist. I did hear that the workers didn't want a boycott as they might lose their jobs. Have you consulted with them about this.
Poppy

#23 Re: /#15

2015-09-15 02:15

#15: -  

It's a disgrace from what I have heard. Unfortuantely very common in the current economic climate.

CR Admin

#24 Re: #22

2015-09-15 05:40

#22: -  

Hi Pauline we do have a link to Talley's website which has a small sample of their products. Unfortunately our efforts to seek disclosure from govt agencies relating to 'private brands' which Talley's are involved in processing & packaging, some cases probably owned.too,  That requires law changes.Here is a response to one of 5 agencies we contacted.

Thank you for your email. Sorry for the delay is getting back to you. I have spoken with an advisor, and they advised the following: 

The Food Standards Code requires a label on packaged foods to state the name and address in New Zealand or Australia of the supplier of the food.

The “supplier” is defined as the packer. manufacturer, vendor or importer of the food in question

There is no obligation on a Private Label company to identify who is manufacturing / packing the product on their behalf. Name and address of the Private Label company (being the Vendor) would meet the code requirements.

So in answer to your question. They do not need to state that the products come from Talleys.

Regards | Customer Enquiries Co-ordinator Ministry for Primary Industries.

As ar as meats goesTalley's Affco provide Beef & Lamb. The Mad Butcher stocks mostly Talley's meats so they are out for us.

Back to promoting boycotting Talley's products, we have to be very careful of getting our facts right or litigation happy Talley's will not hesitate to have us from defamation and lose of earnings. Fortunately we have a group if lawyers that assite our cause :).

We have not received one complaint from any of the 8000 employees that work for them, so till such time as we do it is business as usual.

Hope this clears a few things up for you. 

Thanks for your ssupport, much appreciated :)