QLD ABORTION LAWS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition QLD ABORTION LAWS.

2016-05-11 13:54

Because it's soooooo wrong to abort a baby at 9 months well it's wrong to do it as long as they have a beating heart!!!!!!

2016-05-11 21:19

Because it's so wfong
Jd

2016-05-11 22:33

Because it is very very inhumane to abort a child at 9 months!! That is a fully grown baby human being who is already fully developed that is murder!!

2016-05-12 00:08

Abortion is illegal in Queensland, to have one you have to be approved by the high court. Also, where on earth are you people getting this '9 month baby' thing from? The only reason a pregnancy would ever be terminated at that point is if it was going to kill the mother and they had no other option.

Let's slow down the progression of body ownership by stopping abortion! Yay! I know that I don't want to have a say in what happens to my body! 

2016-05-12 01:02

#4: -  

It's seems to me you haven't watched the news that the MPs in QLD SUNSHINE COAST are sitting a voting for abortion clinics to be able to proceed with abortion when the " baby " is 9 months. 

#6 Re:

2016-05-12 02:30

#4: -  

Channel 7 is a pretty good channel to watch the news to help you keep up to date on what's happening in Australia and across the world. 

Why would people make up such cruel information like this. Saying there going to abort babies all the way up to nearly 9 months. I'm pretty sure people wouldn't make information like this up for the sake of it. Your negative comment is not valid here. If you don't want to sign this petition then don't. No one is making you but it would be appreciated if you didn't have to post negative comments about this petition. There's no need for it 

#7 Re: Re:

2016-05-12 03:18

#6: - Re:  

You're right I don’t watch channel 7 as I don’t believe it to be an accurate news source. However, I just looked it up and I only saw a couple of news sources that said what ya’ll are saying; that won’t be passed. However, some Queensland MPs believes abortion should be decriminalised and it should be legal up to 24 weeks, unless medical reasons say otherwise.

When you have a petition on social media you open the doors for people to disagree. I think the current restrictions on abortion in states such as QLD and NSW are too strict; they have made it nearly impossible for people to achieve. 

Nobody should be forced to carrying a child, yes people should be more precautious but sometimes things happen. People don’t have abortions for the hell of it, majority of the time it is an extremely emotional process, you are making a decision that you believe is best for yourself and ultimately that should be the number one priority.

If I were to fall pregnant under the current laws in NSW there goes everything I and my partner hoped for, we would have to raise a child on minimum wage as we wouldn’t be able to finish our degrees. Not only is that not fair on us but also on the child. We have worked extremely hard to be where we are and all that could end over an innocent mistake.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions

Cunt.

#8 Re: Re: Re:

2016-05-12 03:48

#7: - Re: Re:  

I have had a medical termination, and a termination of pregnancy.. I know how it all goes, feels whatever.

at the end of the day, if you don't want to have a baby get on contraception or keep your fricken legs closed.. Abortions shouldn't be the first choice! I regret mine extremely! People should take responsibility for having in protected sex ect. Medical reasons, I can understand highly, but just for the sake of it, makes me fricken sick! 

#9 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2016-05-12 04:32

#8: Cunt. - Re: Re: Re:  

I’m sorry you feel that way, however, not everyone feels the same.

You could use multiple sources of contraception and something could go wrong. I don’t think it is ever the first choice, rather the only choice. How is having an abortion not taking responsibility? It may not be your idea of the right decision but other people would disagree. It isn't for the sake of it, people don't do it because they think putting their body through that is fun or exciting, they do it because it is the best choice for them! The women is the number one priority!

It is not fair on the women or the child to be born under the circumstance that she had no other option. Please don't start the adoption argument.

The problem here isn’t women having abortions, it is people who discourage them for being in touch with their sexuality. Sex isn’t just about procreating, it is also about intimacy, being close to your partner or simply because it is fun.

A women has ownership over her body and should be able to make decisions on what happens to it, people shouldn’t be making them for her.