Opposing the Burswood change of route for Eastern Busway, Pakuranga to Botany - new draft route through Burswood.

Opposing the Burswood change of route for Eastern Busway, Pakuranga to Botany - new draft route through Burswood. / Announcements / Public Consultation is now live! / Comments

2021-11-18 23:38

I have lived here in Burswood for nearly 12 years. What attracted us here was the nice quiet suburban streets. I can look out my back window & just hear the birds quietly chirping away. I know that if this process will go ahead this will be the death of this quiet area!!! Why would you take houses away when we are in dire shortage of houses in Auckland!!! This does not make sense at all. I would like to see if there is another route/option that could be taken instead of knocking down the houses here & interrupting this lovely please I call HOME!!!! Please consider another option please!!!!

2021-11-19 00:17

This is not what i pay my taxes for and i disagree with this plan of going through our Burswood suburb. I think our community need to know how many people use this bus route as it is at the moment. The council put all these traffic lights in , you could make a single lane express way along side the Ti Rakau road . The thought that you think you have the power to buy people out at land value rate , is disgusting and wrong on so many levels. We pay for you to make good decisions , THIS IS NOT A GOOD DECISION, AND IS UNJUST !!!!!

2021-11-19 01:43

I have at present lived 18yrs in burswood and before that I'd owned a home for a few year's. One of the houses your wanting to take I had owned. When I first came to Burswood when it was been developed by fletchers ,the whole idea was we were a quiet area that had wildlife in and a range of birds. It's a peaceful and quiet area to live in and my street is listed as having homes removed and a bus center put in. I'm disappointed and disgusted that you would think of taking the houses down when Ti rakau drive was the original place for it. Just so it's cheaper and quicker for you without any involvement with the community first. The thought of you even thinking of putting bulk story houses around as well im disgusted in for our environment and no peace with busses everyday. And the fact that we already have problems with bus drivers parking on Burswood drive, which causes traffic issues now. What you are doing is taking away our peaceful cut off area and turning it into a mess. I'm against this going through, and you should go over even using China town which is hardly full as a bus center on Ti Rakau drive part.

Paid advertising

We will advertise this petition to 3000 people.

Learn more...