Reinstatement of Jarron McInnes as TECT Park Ranger

/ #6

2016-02-20 23:58

Jarron has conducted an isolated, sole charge role with particular and previously recorded hazards and apparently without valid managerial, physical and systems support to ensure safe working conditions and sound business practise. This is especially relevant given the isolation perpetuated around the role by management and by the council sanctioned use of alcohol at the site, with all of its attendant risks. This dismissal would appear to be unjust and also to be in absence of a very necessary process review, which should involve Jarron as a central, employed player. Based on my knowledge of Jarron over the past 40 years, he is a loyal, dedicated, community minded and decent human being. It is important to for the community to insist on; proper treatment of him, decent process around this incident, and also for the community not to accept the culture and systems that the handling of this incident appears to reflect. The TECT park is too important a community asset for ongoing clumsiness and incompetence to be tolerated in its management systems. As a sole charge public facilities manager myself I have observed many instances of abuse of staff by members of the public, and have been fortunate to have also seen courageous and fair handed treatment by management in every instance. I will observe this process with interest as it unfolds as it represents a challenge and a call to decency which I hope all of the parties involved will rise to.