Reinstatement of Jarron McInnes as TECT Park Ranger

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reinstatement of Jarron McInnes as TECT Park Ranger.

2016-02-20 22:12

It is my belief from person observation, as a former member of the governance committe, that WBOPDC 's response to and contribution to this incident is at best gross incompetence, a significance breach of natural justice for Jarron and family, and deserving of an independent enquiry.

2016-02-20 22:20

Hes the best ranger a peoples person has gone out of his way to help me many times manymany thanks to him

2016-02-20 23:17

Because he deserves to be recognized for doing his job and not sacked by some blue collared cunt boss who didn't even bother to give this brave Ranger due process.

2016-02-20 23:43

Sacking him without due process was unfair,

2016-02-20 23:53

clearly the council fail to grasp the concept of a park ranger, he doesn't live on site to turn a blind eye, he lives on site to manage it 24/7 if they did not want him to monitor the place outside office hours then he would just have a office for is admin work 9-5 and live off site. with security doing patrols after hours.

2016-02-20 23:58

Jarron has conducted an isolated, sole charge role with particular and previously recorded hazards and apparently without valid managerial, physical and systems support to ensure safe working conditions and sound business practise. This is especially relevant given the isolation perpetuated around the role by management and by the council sanctioned use of alcohol at the site, with all of its attendant risks. This dismissal would appear to be unjust and also to be in absence of a very necessary process review, which should involve Jarron as a central, employed player. Based on my knowledge of Jarron over the past 40 years, he is a loyal, dedicated, community minded and decent human being. It is important to for the community to insist on; proper treatment of him, decent process around this incident, and also for the community not to accept the culture and systems that the handling of this incident appears to reflect. The TECT park is too important a community asset for ongoing clumsiness and incompetence to be tolerated in its management systems. As a sole charge public facilities manager myself I have observed many instances of abuse of staff by members of the public, and have been fortunate to have also seen courageous and fair handed treatment by management in every instance. I will observe this process with interest as it unfolds as it represents a challenge and a call to decency which I hope all of the parties involved will rise to.

#7 Re:

2016-02-20 23:59

#5: -  

exactly!!!

2016-02-21 00:03

I believe he has been unfairly treated and what happened to listening and standing by employees that have been loyal and go above and their responsiblities

2016-02-21 00:09

This is bureacracy at it's worst. If the Ranger had not defended himself and left a vegetable, or even worse death, would his family be abandoned regardless? Where are these spineless decision makers? And doesn't the park have a Manager? Where was he on the night in question? Sounds like they are all running scared, covering their own tracks. More to this than we are being told, I suspect.

#10 Re:

2016-02-21 00:29

#9: -  

l can tell you where he was in his chair at home,jarron didnt call him because of the bullying and aggravation he would receive and has received for the past 3 years!!

2016-02-21 00:43

Due process should be seen to be followed.

#12 Re: Re:

2016-02-21 01:31

#10: - Re:  

You got that right mate bang on

2016-02-21 02:09

I signed because i do not like to see off handed decisions made by Councils,with no knowledge of the man involved.
My Wife and i have known Jarron since a young man,him and my Son were great friends..I have followed his progress with interest over the Years.I have E mailed Council as to Jarrons character,and asked them to look in to the whole situation,which has an offensive odour to their findings.

2016-02-21 02:45

This is an appalling example of a coverup by cold hearted politicians trying to save their own skins & by using a decent person as a scapegoat to hide their business incompetence. Remember the Rainbow Warrior!!!

2016-02-21 02:57

I have signed this because i believe that this matter was dealt with in a very wrong way.And that jarron is a honest and hard working man for his love of the people and the community.

2016-02-21 03:16

Council incompetance and self important coucil staff are constantly employing small man syndrome
with arrogance at those that employ them .....be warned and think will i be here still next election.

2016-02-21 03:18

My dear late friend, Sir Peter Tapsell often said "A little bit of pain helps focus the mind."

2016-02-21 04:02

He was wrongly dismissed, and he was a good ranger.

2016-02-21 04:51

Look after our own service people who care deeply for our environment and protect it. These tourist had no respect for our parks, other campers and the rules. Don't let this be the way of things to come. The French are notoriously disrespectful.

2016-02-21 05:07

He's innocent til proven guilty. No charges were laid.

2016-02-21 06:49

Jarron and family are the absolute right family to run this park Come on Western Bay of Plenty council, you have been too quick to judge! Reinstate immediately, and have a proper enquiry, as to why this incident happened. More questions need to be asked of Jarron's manager and the overall security of the park and it's users, especially during the hours of darkness.

2016-02-21 07:32

Sometimes someone in his position has to take action, especially when he has family present and is a long way from being able to get back up. Common sense should rule. It certainly sounds like he had little option. Given his involvement is setting up the park a rash decision should not have been made and it is obvious the local rate paying public feel the same.
DevL

#23 We don't know the full story

2016-02-21 08:14

Coverage is one-sided, so without prior knowledge of the events that lead to dismissal we can't say for certain it wasn't justified. There could factors that can't be disclosed without breaching privacy, so they may not be able to report on it. 

However, what the petition asks for is reasonable. It appears possible that the Council did not uphold their responsibilities to their employee in supporting him in his role, the manner in which he was dismissed, and failure to protect his privacy (re:the public finding out about dismissal before he did, if that's true). If that is the case the Council has exposed ratepayers to the cost of defending their position and any settlements or judgements against them. Since we pay Council to get these things right, we need to know about any possible failures, for the sake of not only this case but the ongoing effectiveness of WBOPDC's services going forward. We can't have people in charge who don't follow employment law. 

2016-02-21 08:32

Jarron does a fantastic job and if they felt they had to do something about his actions a warning would have surficed. He has put so much into the park and then to lose his job over some drunken yobs is discusting I deal with native birds that have been injured or run over just for fun because they were there. I've taken abuse and been threatened...come on we are only trying to make our country a better place by caring for our land and wildlife. Reinstate Jarrod NOW !!!!!!!!!

2016-02-21 08:36

Jarron's dismissal is unjust when you consider he was only trying to defend himself against assult from freedom campers