Reinstatement of Jarron McInnes as TECT Park Ranger

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reinstatement of Jarron McInnes as TECT Park Ranger.

2016-02-22 12:54

After being recommended this issue by a friend on facebook I followed their link to the news article. I read several different articles and I just don't believe that this story from the tourist is the truth; he had been drinking alcohol and has since left the country and cannot be contacted. Also why would this man, who has never had this kind of incident before, provoke a physical altercation with his son with him when he was out doing his job. This makes no sense and he has been treated very unfairly. Just my opinion.

2016-02-22 18:05

reinstate jarron

2016-02-22 18:08

very unfair how they dismissed him if anything it should have been an apology from council for having a manager on site that does not support him at all , or is the manager on site?

2016-02-22 18:57

I am going through a similar situation as a volunteer with the NZFS. No investigation was done, yet they come up with a ridiculous and unfair outcome of dismissal. I'm fed up organisations who think they can just rail road everything, to get their own unfair and unjust way. They are totally incompetent and don't deserve to have their jobs. My heart goes out to Jarron and his family and friends. It's a horrible and devastating experience. Where would we be without people like Allan Halse of Culturesafe NZ Ltd?

#55 Re:

2016-02-22 19:26

#6: -  

Jarron is passionate about Tect park and is an asset that should not be undervalued.  I have stayed overnight in my horse truck with some friends and he made us feel safe.  The rowdy alcohol fueled tourists would have made me feel very unsafe, and a manager who just called the police and told us to wait until they came (which could be some time!), rather than attempting to deal with the situation would not give me confidence.  I do not believe he would not have taken his son into a situation he intended to be aggressive in - the alcohol is the problem here, and the tourists attitude.  Police backup is quite a distance away, and is dependent on staff availability.  You need people like Jarron who will stand up and not be bullied by arrogant people. If he is no longer there I will think carefully about whether or not it is safe to stay there any more.

2016-02-23 00:24

Because I feel that it is unfair to dismiss someone who has been protecting an area for the benefit of everyone. Especially considering there was alcohol involved and not on Jarron's part.

2016-02-23 00:41

I believe he was unfairly dismissed

2016-02-23 07:54

I have signed because I can see that this is a case of bullying!!!!!! Jarron McInnes was right in dealing with the French drunkards and what did we see? Another 'Rainbow Warrior" escapade with the French protagonists scarpering out of the country. I have it on firm substantiation that Jarron McInnes built up that Park from scratch. He has put his heart and soul into the place only to be treated like kaka!!!!!!!! by the management of WBOPDC. The Mayor has conveniently passed it off as a staff issue but that is just cowering down to bullys!!!!!!! Get Jarron back on the job because he was only doing his duty to protect the Park!!!!!!

#59 Re:

2016-02-23 09:05

#5: -  

2016-02-24 04:50

There should be a fair and correct process followed before dismissal. It appears to be an act of victimisation or perhaps a hidden agenda as there was no warning given and Mr McInnes's work history wasn't considered.

2016-02-24 05:18

Because I believe that the ones who fired him did not take due diligence over what happened, and further seeing these same youth doing stupid things in the South Island shows they are not the type of normal tourist we want.

2016-02-24 06:09

I feel Jarron has been treated completely unfairly. The most he should have got was a warning.

2016-02-24 08:18

A full independant investigation of the disputed fscts whilst suspended seems much more in keeping with current good employment practice.
hate the haters

#64 Re: We don't know the full story

2016-02-24 21:23

#23: DevL - We don't know the full story 

paragraph one bang on mate-

paragraph two-refer to paragraph one

2016-02-25 01:08

It would seem that the Ranger was unfairly dismissed

2016-02-25 02:58

I signed ,because I think he was treated very badly.the council needs to have good long look at them selves.

2016-02-25 03:32

simply because I feel that it is totally unjust!!!

2016-02-25 04:16

We need more people like him..I would like to think there was someone watching my back rather than turning the back..doesnt make any sense whatsoever,give him his job back..please..

2016-02-25 19:21

I feel think this is wrongful dismissal.

2016-02-26 01:15

This is a travesty and a clear example of PC gone mad and a employer hanging a long serving staff member out to dry - for goodness sake NEITHER PARTY PRESSED CHARGES

2016-02-27 04:06

Jarron is an exemplary employee who brings not only first class technical skills and experience to the role, but also a passion for the Park. He goes over and beyond the written job description because he understands that it cannot list all the anticipated tasks required of a ranger. He does what needs to be done, for the love of doing a good job. How can someone who was defending himself and was actually the victim of the episode, be found guilty of misconduct and fired? It beggars belief.

2016-02-28 08:48

Because of the unfairness of how the ranger was treated.
Bureaucracy gone made.
I would rather have the ranger doing what he thinks is right than someone behind a desk with no idea of reality making decisions

2016-02-29 07:09

Easy for some pc  beauracrat to sit in his bloody air-conditioned office and tell someone, who was under attack by drunken French trash, 30km from help how  far he can go in protecting his or his family's life. The council staff who made the decision to fire Jarron need to come into the real world.  "Broke protocol by going out side his home after dark". ....... are you for real . I as a rate payer am pissed off that people under the guise of freedom camping can abuse such a fine facility.  Who was the idiot in the council that listed that facility as a freedom camping destination !!!! 

2016-03-11 20:18

Common sense needs to prevail .. and discussions entered into .. between council and the ex-Ranger .. towards reinstatement ..

2016-03-11 21:05

Why did you sign this petition? , , There are way to meny psychologists running a muck in society ,