Keep the Cromwell Ater Hours Doctor Funding

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep the Cromwell Ater Hours Doctor Funding.

2015-08-12 07:12

This is a sad proposal, it will overload other services like ambulance which will spend much more time unavailable because it will be taking people to Clyde and out of town. Ambulance in Cromwell at night is totally volunteer run and relies on local doctors for very serious cases. People taken to the proposed clinic by ambulance may be often left stranded at Clyde requiring another ambulance trip  to get them home.

It is a great proposal for doctors who dont want to be bothered by their patients after hours. Cromwell doctors front up happily after hours why should they be penalised for others not so willing.

2015-08-12 08:02

How can anyone say this is good health for our communities. We need our medical service to stay.

2015-08-12 10:11

As this will effect myself and family in emergency situations.

2015-08-14 00:04

I go to Cromwell often and may require the services of a doctor. If the services already provided are working well then why change. Lives of rural people are just as important as those of city people when it comes to medical assistance. All I can see of this proposal is that the maybe saving in money is the dominant factor not providing a better, or at least as good a health service that is now in place to the people who may need it outside normal hours.