please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-20 23:45

Its not the Tigers fault, it is doing what comes naturally to it.

2015-09-20 23:47

While we don't know the circumstances of this terrible accident everyone knows big cats can be dangerous, it is the nature of the beast. Something extraordinary must have happened for this to come about ie human error so NO i don't think he should be euthanized.

While my deepest sympathy goes out to Samantha & her family I strongly disagree with trying to add any positivity to the situation by putting Oz down. If we were to put a human being in a cage with any one of the 500 endangered sumartan tigers we have left in the world, my guess is we would be putting down all 500 for the same reason. So were is that going to get us - 500 = endangered to 0 = extinct. Its a no brainer really. Also I don't believe Samantha would want us to put Oz down.

We take these beautiful creatures out of their own environment which I know gives them protection from potential harm e.g. predators.
However, us humans need to hold ourselves accountable for these creatures potential harmful actions,particularly when we are aware of the risks involved, which irrespective, is very sad. We move them from their natural environment and then resort to euthanising as the '"quick fix" when it takes a lot more effort, time and expense to relocate them back their natural environment.
Uncia

#280 Save Oz

2015-09-20 23:48

Disgusting to even contemplate killing an animal acting on instinct, keepers are at fault not OZ. SAVE OZ, SAVE HUMANITY.

2015-09-20 23:49

It's not the animals fault for killing his trainer, He is a wild animal and he is only following his animal instincts. This beautiful animal is being persicuted for something he does not understand. His trainer knew the dangers being so close to such an animal. My sympathy goes out to his family, It should not have happened. Hes in Gods hands now, and I believe he died doing what he loved the most looking after wild animals and knowing the consequences which is death, Let the animal live, be better at your job as a trainer looking after these beautiful creatures.

2015-09-20 23:49

Because a tiger is a wild animal, it didn't understand what it was doing. Their species is almost extinct, don't euthanise a creature for doing something it doesn't understand.
Kaz

#283 Save the Samaritan Tiger!!!

2015-09-20 23:51

It's not the animals fault for killing his trainer, He is a wild animal and he is only following his animal instincts. This beautiful animal is being persicuted for something he does not understand. His trainer knew the dangers being so close to such an animal. My sympathy goes out to his family, It should not have happened. Hes in Gods hands now, and I believe he died doing what he loved the most looking after wild animals and knowing the consequences which is death, Let the animal live, be better at your job as a trainer looking after these beautiful creatures.

2015-09-20 23:53

Because Tigers shouldn't be locked up in cages. And this tiger shouldn't be put down it a wild animal it was Just doing what it was born too do. If this Animal gets put down I'll will never go back to the hamiltons Zoo ever again

2015-09-20 23:55

Oz is a wild animal, people need to remember he is not like the cute little cat that cuddles you at night. he is a predator who cannot understand us. he is doing what he knows best. would a person go into a great white shark tank and expect to get attacked? yes, the same applies to any predatorial animal which is what Oz is. My heartfelt condolences to the family.

2015-09-20 23:56

The tiger is a wild animal. Although in captivity it still has instincts for its survival. Sad to see someone killed but better safety condtions should be in place to prevent this happening.

2015-09-20 23:59

Because we choose to contain these wild animals, we choose to go into their enclosures. They are wild it's not his fault for attacking!!

2015-09-21 00:00

please don't put him down, he is a wild animal and if he had been put in a cage so care duties can be carried out this would not of happened

Oz is a wild animal & by caging him does not make him any less of one, would the keeper who loved him want him destroyed?

Because we choose to contain these wild animals, we choose to go into their enclosures. They are wild it's not his fault for attacking!!

Wild animals kept in captivity is not ok let alone murdering one just because of someone elses error.

2015-09-21 00:01

Oz is a beautiful wild animal and keepers know full well the risks when working with wild animals. The zoo just needs to step up its security measures to make sure tigers never have direct access to keepers. I am positive the deceased keeper would never want Oz put down.

2015-09-21 00:02

He shouldn't be put down if the Zoo keeper could share her thoughts I'm sure she wouldn't want the animal put down she knew there was always a chance of being attacked they are wild animals not to be domesticated

2015-09-21 00:02

It is not the animal's fault if the keeper did not follow the rules.

2015-09-21 00:03

are we trying to preserve the species or kill them when something goes wrong? can't be a hypocrite now. besides, i doubt she would want that for him

2015-09-21 00:04

I signed this petition as i think oz the tiger should be saved, zoo keepers and every other person knows the consequences and therefore signed there death notice before getting in the cage with him they are wild animals and should not be held captive so oz is not to blame. He did what they do best so should release him back to the wild plain and simple.

2015-09-21 00:04

Please sign to save this tiger as he was only behaving territorially. Tigers are not domesticated they are wild animals and should be respected. He is rare and beautiful and just doing what Tigers do and zoos are not a natural environment.

2015-09-21 00:05

I love animals.. and will never think they should be euthanized for any reason!

2015-09-21 00:05

Oz is an endangered species he was acting like the wild animal he is. To put him down would be beyond wrong.

2015-09-21 00:07

I have signed this petition as Oz is only being a normal behaved tiger. All staff a well informed of the risk working next to these beautiful animals. they are of course wild.......... prayers are with Zoo keepers Family including her large Zoo Family and friends.
Oz is a wonderful big boy please let him remain at Hamilton Zoo and live a long healthy life . xxxxxxxx