please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-20 22:48

When working with a wild animal one of the risks that you have to be aware of is being attacked and possible fatal injuries. It's different when a dog attacks and gets put down because a dog is domesticated but a tiger is not. It is inhumane to put an animal down if it was just following its instincts.

2015-09-20 22:48

I am deeply sorry for the loss of this mother and send my condolences to her family but it is not the tigers fault that this happened. Tigers are wild animals and always will be wheather in captivity or not. They have a natural hunting and protection instinct and it is not his fault that the keeper was in his cage when that instinct kicked in. Putting him down isn't going to help or change the fact all tigers are dangerous. It was human error and an animal which is endangered species shouldn't have to pay the price.

2015-09-20 22:49

It is not his fault... It is in his nature to hunt and eat meat... Why did she get into the cage with the tiger or not knowing where the tiger was... Why punish him for being the tiger he was born too be...

2015-09-20 22:50

Although this is a tragic event. A tiger is just that.. a tiger and shouldn't be killed for doing what it's instincts told it to do.

2015-09-20 22:50

Tigers hunt prey if mating season Oz would have been doing what he would in the wild and protecting his right as male of the pride

2015-09-20 22:51

It's a good cause and tigers and all animals should have the freedom to have a voice and not be killed for sport. I'm highly against animal cruelty and it destirbs me how so many animals including tigers and all those animals are just killed for 1 item of their bodies. It's unfair and unjust and should be dealt with ASAP before they get extinct.

2015-09-20 22:52

Endangered species should NOT be put down. People need to respect the animals space and take huge safety precautions before entering their space.

2015-09-20 22:53

Please don't put Oz down.

2015-09-20 22:54

Because it's not the Tigers fault!!
Why the hell was she in there working with the Tiger still in there, He should have been cordoned off for both their sakes!!

2015-09-20 22:55

A wild animal is what it is,, should be treated with respect and what it is. A beautiful creature.

2015-09-20 22:56

I do not want this tiger to be killed because its natural and very less tiger left

Zoo Keepers should sign a form when applying for a job with a wild animal not to have them destroyed if they are attacked. They should be well aware of the circumstances of this very dangerous animal and the fatality factor. They have entered into this creatures domain who is acting naturally as unfortunate as it is. They are also endangered are they not? Why are the keepers in with them anyway?

Because a tiger is a tiger. It was only acting out of natural instincts. Unfortunately the carer made a mistake that took her life.

2015-09-20 22:58

Please don't put the Tiger down I'm sorry about the loss of the keeper but I'm sure she wouldn't want this there is only 500 of the species left.I don't think I could bring my family to the zoo again if the Tiger is put down the tiger was only doing what was natural just make sure more safety measures are taken more seriously when cleaning and entering their habitat that was made for them

2015-09-20 22:58

A tiger is a WILD animal and doesn't deserve to be punished because procedures weren't followed! It is a tragedy someone was killed but you cannot blame an anime that is born to hunt and has no sense of morals.

2015-09-20 23:00

Very sad loss for the zoo community and the zookeepers family. However, this is a wild animal we are talking about and he would have acted out of animal instinct. She must have posed as a threat to him or maybe they aren't feeding him enough for him to do such a thing!

2015-09-20 23:00

Can't blame the tiger. He didn't ask to be put into an enclosure in a zoo for human entertainment. Wild animals belong in the wild!!!

2015-09-20 23:01

Because it is not the animals fault . It was doing what it is made to do hunt and be wild. The keeper while sincere condolences to her and the family, should not have been in the enclosure with the Tigers running around. They should have been put in their night enclosure till everything was cleaned etc then let back in.

2015-09-20 23:02

Because animals have rights

2015-09-20 23:03

I have signed this petition, as it would be absurd to put down Oz over this incident. Whereas humans are capable of knowing their prey, and deciding what we would deem as right from wrong, Oz is a Tiger. He is a wild animal at heart, and it is his nature to hunt and kill for survival. This incident is undoubtedly tragic, and I feel deep empathy for the victims family, friends, and colleagues. However, being a zoo keeper, and working with these animals, no matter how closely, does bring with it enormous risk. This risk is sometimes tragically played out. There is no guarantee of personal safety when dealing with these animals, regardless of the relationship that may have been nurtured. Animals such as Tigers are beautiful, yet dangerous. No amount of safety precautions in place will ever protect someone fully. But please, don't put this magnificent creature to sleep. Oz is a wild animal, and deserves our respect and mercy at this difficult time.

2015-09-20 23:03

A rare species, just doing what it knows. Should not be killed because it killed. What is the point in losing another of these wonderful creatures?

2015-09-20 23:04

It is not his fault!!

2015-09-20 23:04

Absolutely ludicrous to put down an animal when its behaving exactly how its meant to behave- wild as they should. They are not meant to behave any differently.

My heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the trainer. So very sad. 

2015-09-20 23:05

Because Oz"s natural instinct set in for some reason that we will never know for sure why. I feel for the Keeper her family and friends but also for the tiger. All Zoo Keepers are aware of the dangers of their jobs and I am sure they would not want their Charges killed for being themselves.

2015-09-20 23:05

This is a wild animal, it was only doing what comes naturally obviously the zoo is at fault somehow and even though this is a tragedy why should the animal DIE!