please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-20 21:44

Oz did not choose to live his life in captivity. Humans did that to him. He (and other zoo animals) are not living their lives the way God meant them to. Oz is a regal and beautiful animal and it would be heartbreaking to see his life ended for something he surely can not be blamed for. Something unexpected must have alarmed or startled him to cause him to do what he did. PLEASE, PLEASE, allow him to live out his life!

2015-09-20 21:44

Lions & tigers belong in the wild! Not coped up in a cage! This animal only did what is normal!

2015-09-20 21:45

My condolences to the family and friends for there loss of a beautiful caring person. She obviously shared a very caring and a strong passion to Animals. I feel the Tiger should not be punished for his Actions because he saw a opportunity that allowed him to act upon his own natural instincts when the moment arises. This is normal behaviour from one of the top predators in the wild, and does not change in captivity either. Let him live and stop punishing him by putting him in isolation. Let him live. And let's remember the great woman whom looked after Oz the Tiger and whom loved him for the Great Cat he was.

2015-09-20 21:45

My heart goes out to the family of the keeper, & to the staff at Hamilton Zoo. I can't even begin to imagine what they are feeling at the moment. But I do ask that the tiger should not be euthanased as a result of this tragedy; there are already so few of them in this world, and animals have no sense of right or wrong.
Arohanui to all concerned.

2015-09-20 21:46

Oz doesn't deserve to die for being a tiger. The keeper would be the first to endorse this.

2015-09-20 21:46

My heart breaks for the loss of such an amazing person, Samantha. The tiger has natural instincts, and had not asked to be kept in a Zoo. They are there to save the species, so should not be killed for doing what comes naturally.

2015-09-20 21:47

It is sad that the keeper was killed but this is a wild animal. One who is endangered. It goes against the point of keeping t in captivity anyway if it is put down. Don't kill it just because it was following its instincts.

I signed this petition because Sumatran Tigers are becoming extinct and it's crucial that these tigers are conserved. It's their natural behaviour to kill for food or kill something in which threatens them therefore they shouldn't be killed for their natural habits just because they're in a zoo.

It's natural instinct of a wild animal to protect their territories. This unfortunate, incident happened during tigers matting season, when they are over protective.
I believe instead of putting down tiger, we should increase safety measures and procedures to work around Zoo animals.
My heart goes out for family of zoo keeper, who lost her life while doing her job.

2015-09-20 21:48

Because Oz is a wild animal, an endangered species and we need to remember that. We know the instinct remains even in captivity and must respect that. To kill him is idiocy, hypocritical and egotistical. Are we protector's or showmen?

2015-09-20 21:49

Samantha was a conservation minded person. OZ is important breeder and we need to be compassionate.

2015-09-20 21:50

At the end of the day the Oz is a wild animal that we have put in an enclosure for our entertainment and benefit....we should not lose humanity and put this poor tiger down.....

2015-09-20 21:54

Oz is a wild animal this needs to be understood and respected his life is still valuable despite this tragic occurance

2015-09-20 21:54

It's a tiger!!!!! Doing what tigers instinctively do . Humans want to be close with these wonderful creatures but they are a wild animal. I personally do not see any benefit in putting oz down. Zoo carers should not be allowed in the cages with these animals period!

2015-09-20 21:57

We must remember these animals are wild and live by their own natural instincts in a world dominated by humans who try to create a natural habitat for them to live in - consequences and unforeseen incidences obviously will occur. Save its Life Please

Because Oz is a wild animal doing what wild animals do. I feel sorry for her and her family without a doubt, but he just did what his instincts told him to do. He didn't do wrong. I'm guessing she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and the zoo need to look into how this came about, but not put Oz down for being a wild tiger.

Please save oz.
kayazen

2015-09-20 21:58

For anyone who loves big cats, watch this amazing clip showing how this tiger can be re-integrated. This is so moving, so positive.

http://www.fuzzysnail.com/spirit-and-anna/

2015-09-20 21:58

Because there are little numbers left of these animals on earth. They are a wild animal so have to be treated like one

2015-09-20 21:59

Yes I know it killed its keeper, but its a wild animal its what they do kill to survive, killing Oz won't bring her back.

2015-09-20 22:00

Tigers are wild animals and if people are going to get that close to a tiger that they can kill its not the animals fault! !

How can you possibly think of putting this beautiful endangered species down for doing what it is natural to it.. Defeats the purpose of having them in captivity to protect them don't you think??

He shouldn't be killed for this unfortunate event. I'm sad for the ladies family. But he is a beautiful tiger who doesn't deserve to be killed

2015-09-20 22:01

This was a tragedy but would be even more so if this animal was murdered . . .

2015-09-20 22:01

Its an unfortunate situation but hey what do you expect from an animal that would naturally do just that in the wild. These animals are caged for human entertainment & that's sad. I know that in some cases there are breeding programmes that would benefit the pieces especially ones that are on the brink of extinction. Don't put him down for something that comes naturally to him!